Your student will need to have their ACT and/or SAT scores sent directly from the testing agency to the college where they are applying. ACT and SAT scores are not listed on the transcript. If your student did not request that scores be sent to the colleges when your student took the test, you can request scores be sent by going to www.actstudent.org (ACT) or www.collegeboard.com (SAT) to request official scores be sent. There is a fee to have test scores sent after the test date. If these fees present a problem, have your student see their counselor.
- Teacher and counselor recommendations must be requested no later than November 1st for Early admission.
- Allow 15 working days for the counseling office top process the transcript request.
- Be aware of deadlines (your student is responsible for knowing the deadline for each of the applications).
- Pay very close attention to January 1 deadlines – applications with January 1 deadlines need to be in the counseling office the second week of December.
- Remind your student to bring the $5 processing fee for each application/transcript he/she wants sent. (uploads are free)
DON’T PANIC: If you get a note from a college saying that part of your student’s application is missing, DON’T PANIC. In all likelihood, it is at the office and simply hasn’t been entered into the system yet. Check to see on which date the materials were sent, and give the college a few days to sort the mail before you request that we send a second set of documents.