The Connally Independent School District along with Texas State Technical College and McLennan Community College is excited to offer high school students the opportunity to participate in the Early College initiative, focusing on Career and Technical education. Connally Career Tech redefines the typical comprehensive high school experience in a small school setting.
We offer our high school students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma along with industry certifications, an associate's degree, or up to 60 college credit hours including FREE COLLEGE TUITION, TEXTBOOKS, AND TOOLS for their field of study.
Mentoring is a vital component of the Early College High School model. Through mentoring, Connally Career Tech partnerships invite the professional community into our school, providing students with meaningful academic, workplace learning and emotional support.
For mentoring to be meaningful, mentors and students need to meet on a regular basis, working together on projects, community
Career Tech Mentors offer students:
Information Mentors share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom.
- Contacts Mentors provide valuable opportunities by facilitating academic, career, and personal contacts.
- Challenges Mentors stimulate curiosity and build confidence by presenting new ideas, opportunities, and challenges.
- Support Mentors encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment.
- Goal Setting Mentors help protégés discover talents and interests and define and attain their goals.
- Advice Mentors guide protégés in reaching academic, career, and personal goals.
- Role Models By sharing stories of achievement with protégés, mentors can become role models.
Examples of meeting with Mentor/Mentee:
- Getting to know you lunch
- Meetings to discuss topics such as
- How to speak to adults
- Business etiquette
- Time management
- How to accept/quit a job
- Social responsibility
- Worksite visits
- Job shadow day
How do Mentors and students communicate?
Mentors and students communicate primarily through the use of email or remind 101 eliminating the challenges imposed by time and distance.
APPLY HERE ONLINE